Mr. Nand Kishore. Chaudhary dedicated his 30 years of experience in carpet business to his company, Jaipur Rugs Company Pvt. Ltd. and is now Managing Director of it.
Born and brought up in a small town in India, Churu, it was his grit and determination that made Mr. Chaudhary embark on a mission that would go on to reshape the Indian carpet industry.
A personification of simplicity, Mr. Nand Kishore Chaudhary is thoroughly dedicated to the Indian hand-knotted rug weaving industry with a mission to give it its rightful place in the world and to bestow the benefit and recognition of this to its apt owner, the Indian weaver.
For the welfare of weavers and those indirectly linked with the rug weaving industry, he set up an NGO by the name of Jaipur Rugs Foundation, A voluntary, non-profit and secular organization which came into existence in the year 2003, Jaipur Rugs Foundation under the guidance of Mr. N. K. Chaudhary is working for the socio-economic development of weavers. Through its initiatives thousands of weavers are receiving skill enhancement training and financial assistance for an independent and prosperous future in rug weaving.
1) Gaining in-depth knowledge of Carpet Weaving and all manufacturing processes of
Hand-Knotted Carpet Industry
2) Research & Implementation of latest Business Management Techniques.
Started his business operations in 1978, with only two looms with the weaving job work, since then he has been continuing the operations in carpet business. Mr. Nand Kishore Chaudhary, Managing Director of Jaipur Rugs Company Pvt. Ltd., Jaipur (India) incorporated in year 1999, and the President of Jaipur Rugs, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia (USA), incorporated in year 1998. His dedication of 28 years of experience in Carpet Industry is a major achievement for which he has been awarded at both National and International Levels.
1) Received Gold Trophy Award, winners for the highest unit value realization of Hand-Knotted Woolen Carpets presented by Sh.G.Venkat Swami (Minister of Textiles) organized by Carpet Export Promotion Council in 1995 at New Delhi.
2) Received State Export Award to Jaipur Rugs Company Pvt. Ltd in 2005 for the financial year 2003-04.
3) Magnificent Carpet Awards to Jaipur Rugs Inc, in 2006 by America’s Mart, Trade Fair organized in Atlanta, US.
4) Certificate of Merit by CEPC (2004-05)
5) Certificate of Merit by CEPC (2003-04)
6) Export Award by CEPC (1996-97)
7) Export Award by CEPC (1993-94)
Mr. Chaudhary is the member of the following organizations:-
1) TIE “The Indus Entrepreneurs” represents “Talent, Ideas & Enterprise”.
2) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
3) Jaipur Management Association.
4) Delhi Management Association.
5) Mumbai Management Association.
6) Indo American Society.
1) Wife – Smt. Sulochana Chaudhary – Involved in Family Business.
2) 3 Daughters –
a) Ms.Asha Chaudhary – Completed BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration) from Emory University, Atlanta (US), business woman, Director of Jaipur Rugs, Inc., is looking after the business operations in Atlanta, US.
b) Ms.Archana Chaudhary – Completed B.SC in Textile Chemistry from North Carolina University in US., business woman looking after the business operations of Jaipur Rugs Inc., Atlanta, US.
c) Ms.Kavita Chaudhary – Completed graduation from Chicago, looking after the business operations of Jaipur Rugs Company Pvt. Ltd in India.
3) 2 Sons – a) Mr.Yogesh Chaudhary – Pursuing graduation in Management with finance and accounting from Boston College, Boston, US.
b) Master Nitesh Chaudhary – Pursuing secondary education 11th Std. from Good Shepherd International School in Ooty, India.
He sent his four elder children to US to understand the lifestyle of the customers and pursuing higher education.
The Tangible Reality of his Brain Child, Jaipur Rugs Foundation
In year 2004, he established the J.R.F. (Jaipur Rugs Foundation) for Research & Development of the carpet industry (the design, color, texture, weaver’s training and skill up gradation) and to make it compatible with the International Market. Jaipur rugs Foundation is an initiative of Jaipur Rugs Company Pvt. Ltd. with the following aims in mind:-
1) Directing the flow of benefits towards the artisans behind the story. This aimed at a socio-economic relation that tosses out the Middlemen and makes the artisans free from exploitation and under payment.
2) Promotion of new designs as per the International demand so as to bring more work to the artisans which in turns brings more income and prosperity.
3) Uplift the social status of the artisans by aiding them raising their standard of living through carpet weaving which in turn causes the economic growth of the industry.
4) Promotion of research for new technology to bring it closer to international market due to its high demanding nature.
5) Welfare Schemes through Microfinance which help the artisans get motivated for becoming economically sound and able to hold assets like their own looms.
6) Spreading and nurturing the art of carpet weaving for those who are too poor to hold any agricultural holding but can do work for living. These people will find their living through carpet weaving, a job with satisfaction.
7) Refining and updating the skills of the artisans enabling them to get more income regarding the improved quality of their work
The Difference Almost all NGO do little or more the same but his mindset was clearly different, He promoted the “Extended Family Concept” in which the artisans as not looked upon as mere laborers; rather as family members. Each and every artisan who is associated with him is considered a family member and hence given equal importance like any other member of family. This strengthens the bond between his thought and the reality enabling him to have a closer and more deliberate relation. This also provides the sense of dignity to the artisans who increase their moral and therefore their productivity which in turns brings prosperity to their homes and of course in our Family.