Living Out Your Life of Purpose, Passion and Meaning requires making a conscious effort and decision to be intentional about everything you do in life instead of just going through the motions.
So, What Exactly does it mean to Live Your life “On Purpose” and With Purpose?
For me, this requires a prayerful and thoughtful approach to seeking God’s will for my life and then trying to live that out in every aspect of my life that I can.
Now of course, I’m nowhere close to being 100% full of purpose or living out exactly the life that I believe God has called me to, but this is something I am aiming for and that has been a huge recurring theme in my life for a while now.
Two recent experiences have caused me to start reflecting more about what it means to live your life of purpose:
- I recently re-read, Rick Warren’s “The Purpose Driven Life” for the second time and it has really motivated me to start thinking even more intentionally about what it means to live a “purpose-driven” life.
- And my husband, Shawn, and I recently shared part of our story, dreams and goals with Edward Elliott on his “Share Your Dream Friday” community. (You can read our story and watch our video here: Share Your DREAM Friday – With Special Guest Dreamers Shawn & Emily Stoik!
So, what does it take to Live Out Your Life of Purpose?
Here are 3 of the Most Important Things to Know about Living a Life Full of Purpose:
1. Purpose Requires Passion: Living out your purpose will take a real passion and drive to be determined to live for all that God has in store for your life and a decision that nothing less will do. Believe that God has a plan and purpose for your life. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 There is just something about believing and claiming this promise for your life that really helps to propel you for seeking out and living your life of purpose!
2. Purpose is a Conscious Choice: Another thing to remember about living on purpose is that it requires your conscious effort and choice to live that way. We all have a plan and purpose for our lives but it’s our personal choice whether we will seek that out or not. Will you choose to live for others (meaning based on what others think you should be doing) or will you choose to live with a greater purpose in mind; your God-given destiny- full of plans for a hope and a future!
3. Purpose isn’t Just about YOU!: The very first sentence in Rick Warren’s, “The Purpose Driven Life” says: “It’s not about you!” That statement really says it all. This life really isn’t all about us. When you’ve committed to living out your God-given purpose for your life, another part of that is deciding to pour your life and heart into the lives all around you. When you decide to live for helping and serving others, your life will be blessed and enriched as well. Remember, we are blessed to be a blessing, strengthened to be a strength and comforted so that we might comfort those around us.
Living out your life of Purpose is really all about making a choice to live with the intention of seeking out the God-given plan and calling on your life. We all have one. None of us are here by accident. So it’s important that we start living with more of a conscious decision to live “ON Purpose“, with real intention… instead of just going through the motions. Pouring our lives and experiences into the people around us who need us. Committing to have passion, purpose and love radiating in everything that we do!
How to Start Living Out Your Life of Purpose and Find Out theReal Purpose for Your Life:
So if you don’t yet have motivation or direction for what your life’s purpose might be, I would suggest reading, “The Purpose Driven Life”, by Rick Warren and getting into God’s word (when you want to know a product’s purpose, you read the manual it comes with right? Well the same goes for us! If you want to know your purpose, read the manual written by your creator!) and then getting on your knees and asking.
We all have a plan and purpose for our lives, it’s just a matter of asking for direction, claiming the promises that have been placed on your life and then living each day full of hope and excitement that your life IS FULL of purpose and that it IS in fact making a difference!
Next, learn more about what my husband and I are doing to live out a life of purpose and follow our dreams and goals here!