Trusting a psychic is like trusting any other service offered to you.  Like every other field there are ‘good ones’ and of course many charlatans. So how do you weed out the bad ones so you get an accurate reading from a psychic?  Well first and foremost you don’t want to go to a psychic that you found in a newspaper or magazine because what is advertised might not be what you get.  You need to find a psychic that has a good reputation, perhaps one that someone you know visited and recommend.  Unfortunately there is no governing body so anyone can claim to be psychic which is why it’s harder to spot the fakes.

What is a psychic?

A psychic is a person who has the ability to perceive information using extrasensory perception or in other words using info which is hidden from our normal senses.  There are many different forms of psychic abilities which psychics claim to have.  The first one I think is the easiest to prove legitimate and it’s called afterlife communication.  This is where a psychic or medium communicates with someone in the afterlife, someone passed or dead as we know it.  This is easily proven by what you are told.  Obviously sometimes what is told is very vague and could be taken by anyone, but when they start describing someone accurately or some of the things they did while alive, it’s very difficult to disregard.

Some psychic can offer insights into your future and this is called divination.  This is a broad term that includes fortune telling, precognition, prophesy, and many other methods used to try to predict the future.  Astrology, Tarot reading, Numerology, Scrying , Runes and Palmistry are all techniques used to predict events in the future.

Should we believe in Psychics?

Many people don’t believe psychics have any hidden power mainly because you can’t see it to prove it – well we cants see the wind but we know it’s there.  Only those who have opened up to the idea, visited a few psychics can really have an opinion.  It is like any other experience; unless you have experienced it you can’t really make an informed opinion – although many people do.  It’s similar to when children say they don’t like a certain food even though they haven’t tried it.  I think we would be naive to believe in just the normal senses we know of.  This world we live in is full of mystery and there are many things we don’t know about.  It is fact that we only use a small percentage of our brain something like only 20% and we still know very little of what the other 80% does for us.

The only way to really find out if all this is a load of rubbish is to get up and close to it.  You can go to Spiritualist church anywhere in the country on a Sunday night and find mediums/psychics giving messages from beyond the grave.  Most of them are free; some might charge a pound but not much more.  I would try a few different churches or the same one a few times.  You might not get a message the first time, but if you go enough the odds are you will get a message and from there you can make you judgments’.

To visit a private psychic will cost a bit more so be careful and ensure you get one that has a good reputation. Tarot reading is one technique I myself am familiar with.  I have many friends who come to me for readings and they all are amazed at how accurate the readings are.  They come back to me saying this came true, you was right about that.

Before you see a psychic make sure you do some research on them.  You could ask them to give you some references, and if they do follow them up.  Failing that you could arrange to visit a famous psychic like Sally Morgan.  She used to advice the late princess Diana so if she’s good enough for a princess she should be good enough for little old you.   I guess she won’t come cheap, but at least you know what you’re getting with her, a renowned psychic which if you want her TV shows will prove to you she is definitely no fake. Failing that there are some respected psychic networks around the internet, some offering free psychic readings, but again do your homework.



Source by Carolyn Clayton